Sunday 25 December 2022

Plays of light...

One thing that has always fascinated me is the play of light when it falls on water or crystals or anything for that matter. Yes , the laws of reflection and refraction, can always explain these light effects but at the end of the day... its the show, the sparkle, the dazzle that gets me!! Beauty is meant to be admired, not analyzed..

When I took up photography (er..mobile photography), I figured I would focus on these plays of light but ...there is so much beauty around that I simply cannot limit myself to just one field.. Having said that, I will be putting up or trying to put up lot of pictures which showcase these 'Plays of Light' as well as other photographs which I really really really like!

For instance, see the below pic .. all gold..its pretty obvious that it was taken on water but what I like is the reason for the gold color... and no, I don't mean the science behind the colour!!




You see , the light is actually reflected off the gold glass in the building as seen below.





What is even more interesting is the fact that this pic was taken around 4 in the eve only and not even during sunset. So how come the water looks dark?? Now, that adds to the complexity. This next picture was taken immediately after the above one, just to show you what I mean..it was not all that late and the sky was still bright blue.



Now, this is what I call a play of light! I was actually on a dhow cruise with friends and we were all rather preoccupied inside. The flash of gold caught my eye and brought out my mobile in record time. Well, I did back inside immediately as well.. so no more pix of the day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Plays of light...

One thing that has always fascinated me is the play of light when it falls on water or crystals or anything for that matter. Yes , the laws...