Wednesday 14 August 2019

Momma's guilt..

Every mom knows how precious time with her child can be... the fun, the games, the first steps, and the list goes on...

This does not mean that we mommies can go on without a break..we all experience fatigue, we could all do with a quiet moment, and potty training may not be the best entertainment ever ..you get the picture..its not all picture perfect with laughing kids and forever fresh mommas as we see in ads and movies (though we wish...)

I love my girls and we do have a lot of fun together. However, as a working mom, who spends close to 13 hours outside the home, I have to sometimes swallow a large dose of guilt. I call this the mommy guilt and I feel that this 'Momma guilt' is something many can relate to...


I miss so much of their lives... missed my pre-schooler's learning curve in teasing and pranking ..miss the time spent listening to what happened at school and daycare..miss holding her when she is not doing well and needs 'momma'.. We know it but feel the pinch each time. I could not go for my younger daughter's very first school admission interview and had to get a regular update from my hub who had accompanied her to her 'new' school.

The guilt is there when the doctor looks at me and tells me what precautions I need to take for her all day when I know I ll only be passing the info to my babysitter. The guilt is there when my elder one needs a favor or snack but looking at tired and cranky mommy , swallows her words. The guilt is there when I leave for work while she is sniffling with the cold, looking forlornly at me. While I could take off for comparatively worse health problems, I know the next cold cough season is only a month or two away and hence I can't take off each time.The house is a mess and probably will stay a mess until my 'free time'.



I know its only a matter of time before my girls get used to it and then they will be independent but for me, will I get used to it? Will I regret it later? This definitely does not mean that I want to stay at home but somehow, I can't help feel that pinch..that guilt. Do I envy stay at home mothers? Of course not..I have been at both ends and have experienced that feel too. There are advantages, there are disadvantages.

Do I think I would be a better parent if I could stay at home? Not necessarily. Does my guilt want to make me give up all my hobbies and passions in favor of more mum-child time? Definitely not. I guess what I need is a balance- between work and home and hobby. The child grows up seeing the parents and learns from it. Independence, decision making and a variety of skill sets start early, but momma's guilt stays..

2 comments:

  1. Mashaa Allah...♥️Nice post!!
    ✨Managing both, home and work is an art..and i have seen great moms who excel the art of balancing both..Hats-off!!

    I don't think saying moms to 'not to feel guilty about this' is gonna help...but still, I believe that everything that happens has a good and beneficial reasons destined for us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I cant believe Im seeing this comment only now.Lost touch with my blog for so long. Thank you so much.

      Delete

Plays of light...

One thing that has always fascinated me is the play of light when it falls on water or crystals or anything for that matter. Yes , the laws...